Fund Management

What's New In Investments, Funds? - Insight, Orchard

Editorial Staff, 24 January 2019

articleimage

The latest in funds and investments in Europe, Middle East and Africa.

Insight Investment
Insight Investment has sought a Guernsey Green Fund designation for one of its funds – the Global Farmland Fund Limited (GFF), which invests in farming projects worldwide.
The GFF is actively managed, closed-ended, and Guernsey-domiciled. It closed to new commitments in February 2013.

“Insight Investment incorporates responsible investment considerations throughout its farmland investment process. Its support for the Guernsey Green Fund standard bodes well for our ambition to create the ‘de facto’ benchmark for investors in this space,” Dr Andy Sloan, chairman of Guernsey Green Finance, said. 

Dominic Wheatley, chief executive of Guernsey Finance, said: “We know that a number of other managers are looking at a Guernsey Green Fund designation. They understand what our ‘kitemark’ means for investors who are looking for authority and certainty in sustainable investment and are learning of the benefits that it can have for fundraising. We look forward to more funds pursuing this accreditation in 2019.”

The Guernsey Green Fund designation was developed in July 2018 by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission to provide a means of identifying investment vehicles which meet its eligibility criteria for green investing.

Orchard
Orchard Global Asset Management, an alternative investment management firm that concentrates on opportunistic fixed income and structured credit deals, has closed the Taiga Special Opportunities Fund after raising $2.5 billion in capital commitments.

Taiga seeks to take advantage of unique investment opportunities arising from the evolving regulatory environment applicable to global financial institutions.

More than 40 per cent of the capital commitments into Taiga came from existing OGAM investors, with the remaining 60 per cent made up new investor relationships, primarily sovereign wealth funds and large private and public pension plans.

Orchard is based in Singapore.

 

Register for WealthBriefing today

Gain access to regular and exclusive research on the global wealth management sector along with the opportunity to attend industry events such as exclusive invites to Breakfast Briefings and Summits in the major wealth management centres and industry leading awards programmes